What is Tektoncd ?
- Started as an experiment from knative to define more advance build use cases that
knative/buildwas able to.
- Is now it’s own project and GitHub organization.
Tekton development environment is a good getting started article.
Let’s list some interesting design docs I worked on (or reviewed).
TEPs : Tekton Enhancement Proposals
A standardized development process for Tekton is proposed in order to
- provide a common structure and clear checkpoints for proposing changes to Tekton
- ensure that the motivation for a change is clear
- allow for the enumeration stability milestones and stability graduation criteria
- persist project information in a Version Control System (VCS) for future Tekton users and contributors
- support the creation of high value user facing information such as:
- motivation for impactful user facing changes
- an overall project development roadmap
- ensure community participants are successfully able to drive changes to completion across one or more releases while stakeholders are adequately represented throughout the process
This process is supported by a unit of work called a Tekton Enhancement Proposal (TEP). A TEP attempts to combine aspects of the following:
- feature, and effort tracking document
- a product requirements document
- design document
into one file which is created incrementally in collaboration with one or more Working Groups (WGs).
This process does not block authors from doing early design docs using any means. It does not block authors from sharing those design docs with the community (during Working groups, on Slack, GitHub, ….
This process acts as a requirement when a design docs is ready to be implemented or integrated in the tektoncd projects. In other words, a change that impact other tektoncd projects or users cannot be merged if there is no TEP associated with it.
This TEP process is related to
the generation of an architectural roadmap the fact that the what constitutes a feature is still undefined issue management the difference between an accepted design and a proposal the organization of design proposals
This proposal attempts to place these concerns within a general framework.
The TEPs should be publish at https://teps.tekton.dev at some point.
TODO Using Jsonnet to Generate Dynamic Tekton Pipelines in Kubernetes · Mustafa Akın kubernetes tetkon
TODO Jenkins X Orchestration: More than Tekton on Steroids :: CloudBees Technologists tekton jenkins x
Read and gather feedback in issues from there maybe ?